Hazell Bros is an iconic Tasmanian family owned construction and resources company with operations in Tasmania, South Australia, and Queensland employing over 600 people. As a family-owned company, we have been servicing the public and private sectors for over 75 years.
Due to exciting growth within our Tasmanian Construction business, we currently have an opportunity for an Estimating Manager to join our team based in Hobart. Reporting to the Construction Manager, this position will lead a team responsible for providing pricing details and assisting with proposals and tender submissions in order to secure new business opportunities state wide.
Hazell Bros works in a market where we tender a wide variety of work from small $100k projects to projects upwards of $30 million. We undertake a range of projects such as roads, bridges, dams, pipelines, windfarms and other civil infrastructure works.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate qualifications and at least 10 years’ experience in a civil construction estimating
- Proven experience in tendering large civil infrastructure and public transport infrastructure construction projects
- Understanding of and experience with estimating software
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to prepare professionally written submissions to address tender criteria
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills and the ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
- Highly developed analysis skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight timeframes
- Comprehensive skills, knowledge and experience in negotiating within the contractual environment
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, an attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate. Relocation assistance is negotiable. As an Employer of Choice, Hazell Bros offers a range of opportunities and benefits to its employees to build an effective work-life balance. We offer an Employee Assistance Program to employees and their families, paid maternity/ paternity leave, staff recruitment referral schemes, Mental Health First Aid training, Health and Well Being programs, ongoing training and development, discounted motor vehicle servicing and Bunnings trade discounts.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please forward your application including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please review the position description or contact Polly Woodroffe on 0427 758 911.