We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our pre-contracts team based in Hobart. Reporting to the Senior Estimator, this position will be responsible for providing pricing details and assisting with proposals and tender submissions in order to secure new business opportunities state wide.
This role will have you working in a team tendering a wide variety of work from small $100k projects to projects upwards of $30 million.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate qualifications and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant demonstrated experience in estimating projects for a variety of construction works
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to prepare professionally written submissions to address tender criteria
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills and the ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
- Highly developed analysis skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight timeframes
- Comprehensive skills, knowledge and experience in negotiating within the contractual environment
As an Employer of Choice, Hazell Bros offers a range of opportunities and benefits to its employees to build an effective work-life balance. We offer an Employee Assistance Program to employees and their families, paid maternity/ paternity leave, staff recruitment referral schemes, Mental Health First Aid training, Health and Well Being programs, ongoing training and development, discounted motor vehicle servicing and Bunnings trade discounts.
To apply, please forward your application including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this vacancy, please review the position description or contact Polly Woodroffe, HR Advisor on 0427 758 911