Hazell Bros is a leading Tasmanian family-owned and operated business, specialising in civil construction and has been servicing the public and private sectors for over 70 years. With operations in Tasmania, Queensland and South Australia, we employ a team of 450 who are the mainstay of our business. We are focused on understanding the needs of our clients and delivering quality, comprehensive solutions.
About the Opportunities
With multiple civil projects in the pipeline across Tasmania, we are seeking Project Managers to help foster our growth in the industry. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience working on a wide range of civil infrastructure projects, including road works, structural concrete, bridge-building, pavements, traffic management, highway duplication and demolition works, and who have sound working knowledge of the Tasmanian construction industry.
You will be a great fit for our team if you are an approachable team player who is also agile and adaptable to change. Working in a fast-paced team-based environment, you must be highly organised and detail-oriented. The ability to manage your time and priorities is essential. Most importantly, you must possess strong interpersonal skills and be confident in your ability to interact and communicate effectively with all staff and project stakeholders.
In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, from conception to final completion. In addition, you will provide clear leadership and management of the project team.
Primary duties include (but are not limited to):
- Create and promote a culture of workplace safety;
- Manage project activities to ensure that delivery is in compliance with all contractual requirements;
- Approve project expenditure and management costs to meet or exceed budgets;
- Maintain understanding of customer requirements and expectations and provide accurate and timely communications regarding the project;
- Provide support to the project team, including the provision of feedback and reporting and resolving any employee relation issues;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the client, community and a variety of stakeholders; and
- Ensure all project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to, including safety, environment and quality plans.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, successful candidates will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Relocation assistance is negotiable.
At Hazell Bros we are committed developing our team and we actively support opportunities for training, development and career progression within the company.
Best of all, upon joining our team, you will have the opportunity to enjoy all the variety and challenges that come from working with one of the industry’s most reputable brands, while also enjoying the wonderful lifestyle benefits that Tasmania has to offer.
Whether you are actively looking for that new role, contemplating returning home to Tasmania or are simply seeing what’s out there, we would love to hear from you! For further information please contact Cat Usher, HR Advisor on 03 6277 7812 or click here for a copy of the position description. To apply, send an application outlining your previous experience to email@example.com.