Hazell Bros is a leading Tasmanian company that specialises in civil construction projects. As a family-owned company, we have been servicing the public and private sectors for over 65 years. With operations in Tasmania, Queensland and South Australia, we employ an expert team of 450 professionals who are the mainstay of our business. We are focused on understanding the needs of our clients and delivering quality, comprehensive solutions.
About the Opportunities
With multiple civil projects in the pipeline across Tasmania, we are seeking Project Engineers to help foster our growth in the industry. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience working on a wide range of civil infrastructure projects, including road works, structural concrete, bridge-building, pavements, traffic management, highway duplication and demolition works, and who have sound working knowledge of the Tasmanian construction industry.
As a driven individual who loves the thrill of a challenge and seeing your projects through to success, you will fit right in and love working as part of our supportive team. Reporting to either the Construction or Project Manager, you will work to ensure that each project is managed in a safe, effective and efficient manner and will actively assist in the successful delivery of projects, from conception through to final completion.
So, what else can you expect from this role?
- An opportunity to create and promote a culture of workplace safety
- Supervision of onsite project activities, including the management of resources and subcontractors
- Assessing of optimal workloads and management of staff resource requirements
- Identification and mitigation of project risks and maximization of project opportunities
- Liaising with the project team to ensure effective communication and key deadlines and standards are met
- Ensuring all project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to, including safety, environment and quality plans; and
- Providing feedback and relevant reporting to management, as required
- To qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil) and have had a good run of a few years’ experience in the civil construction industry.
To qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil) and have had a good run of a few years’ experience in the civil construction industry.
About the benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package and relocation assistance will be considered and is negotiable.
At Hazell Bros we are committed developing our team and we actively support opportunities for training, development and career progression within the company.
Best of all, upon joining our team, you will have the opportunity to enjoy all the variety and challenges that come from working with one of the industry’s most reputable brands, while also enjoying the wonderful lifestyle benefits that Tasmania has to offer.
Whether you are actively looking for that new role, contemplating returning home to Tasmania or are simply seeing what’s out there, we would love to hear from you! For further information please contact Cat Usher, HR Advisor on 03 6277 7812 or click here for a copy of the position description. To apply, send an application outlining your previous experience to email@example.com.