Hazell Bros is a leading Tasmanian family-owned and operated business, specialising in civil construction and has been servicing the public and private sectors for over 70 years. With operations in Tasmania, Queensland and South Australia, we employ a team of 450 who are the mainstay of our business. We are focused on understanding the needs of our clients and delivering quality, comprehensive solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and suitably qualified Fitter and Machinist to join our workshop team in Hobart on a permanent, full-time basis. Our extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment ensures our team has a diverse and challenging work environment with ongoing career satisfaction.
In addition to an appropriate trade qualification, the successful applicant will have:
- A commitment to maintaining work health and safety practices
- First-rate knowledge and experience in efficiently operating lathe and milling machines
- Demonstrated knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and CNC programming
- Ability to carry out a range of fitting duties and work on varied plant equipment and machinery as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a small team with a busy workload
Competitive remuneration and above award employment conditions are offered commensurate with qualifications, experience, skills and aptitude of the successful applicant. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a pre-employment medical.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter addressing the above position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.